* The ability to query and load a binary for shader program objects to save re-compilation time;
* The capability to bind programs individually to programmable stages for programming flexibility;
* 64-bit floating-point component vertex shader inputs for higher geometric precision;
* Multiple viewports for a rendering surface for increased rendering flexibility.
New ARB extensions introduced with OpenGL 4.1 include:
* OpenGL sync objects linked to OpenCL event objects for enhanced OpenCL interoperability;
* The ability to set stencil values in a fragment shader for enhanced rendering flexibility;
* Features to improve robustness, for example when running WebGL applications;
* Callback mechanisms to receive enhanced errors and warning messages.
Pełna lista zmian oraz sama specyfikacja dostępna jest pod TYM linkiem.